January 20, 2011
SCAMS – FRAUDS – SEPARATING YOU FROM YOUR MONEY
It’s no secret senior citizens are prime targets for schemes designed to separate them from their money. Why seniors? Simple, the senior population controls in excess of $16 Trillion and typically own their home, have excellent credit, and are more trusting than the younger generation.
While 60% of frauds are perpetrated against seniors, simple subtraction shows the other 40% is directed at the rest of the population. Kids (those of you under 55); you have a vested interest in Scambusting!
We intend to introduce you to Scams, both legal and illegal, as well as the multitude of frauds lurking ‘out there’. Aside from our website, certifiedsenior.com, you will find excellent information on FBI.org and FTC.org.
The US Postal Service and all States Attorney General offices provide very meaningful alerts and procedures for reporting illegal activity. Protecting her citizens, both old and young, is an area in which government truly excels!
Representing CSGA (www.Certifiedsenior.com), I am a guest speaker on multiple radio talk shows each week discussing various scams and frauds directed at seniors. Recordings of these shows may be found on the www.certifiedsenior.com website.
Today, I’m requesting anyone who has been victimized by a scam or fraud within the past 12 months contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org describing the scam, the result and how you recognized it. We will select the ones we determine to be most prevalent and harmful to the senior population to alert other innocents.
Please submit the most heinous and financially troubling scams. Please remain anonymous; but, include your email address so CSGA may contact you for clarifications and retain the information on file to maintain credibility. CSGA reserves the sole and exclusive right to select which misdeeds will be posted. This is not the forum to complain against an individual or a specific company, nor minor misdeeds such as “I had to wait for 5 minutes for service”, “the coffee was too hot/cold” etc.